Thursday, June 04, 2009

On the Lighter side of things

Well things have been a bit up and down since i last updated the blog. However I am not gonna do a recap here of all of it. But I will update people on the sporting front of things. lol

Last year I somehow .. and i mean by a miracle ended up being picked for the Companies cricket team. Yes for my office which play League cricket here on a very competitive level. Anyway if being picked wasn't much of a surprise what followed was even more shocking.

The season started with a big win for us and I again somehow managed to be Player of the match in the first game. Although the season didnt turn out as good as the start ( mainly cause our batting sucked) I however ended up being the highest wicket taker for the team and among the top 5 in the leauge.

which brings us to this year. Again through out the previous season we struggled with our batting so i decided to help the team out a bit. How u may ask... well by indiucting some of my friends into the team whereever they were needed.
The result, well We ended up having 9 Desi player every game of the playing 11.
Anyway so this season again started off with a win, rather another kick ass win , however our second game proved to be a wake up call. we lost the game bad and that led to a host of discussions around the office, among players and bosses alike .. haha well never thought the bosses would ever have time to think how the team is doing esp in the middle of the credit crunch.
Anyway what happened at the end of all that talk ... and a few hrs before our next game .. was the most shocking .. out of the blue i was named Captain of the team for the rest of the season .
Haha may of u who have seen me play .. would probably fall off the bed laughing.
well So far 3 games have been played in my command and we have won em all .. not bad eh.
well and what has happened after that is that at the moment my team is placed second on the league table .. with 4 games left in the season. SO LETS SEE HOW IT GOES FROM HERE ON. HAHAHA

1 comment:

sixth lie said...

DUDE! That's wicked. Also, I really can't picture you playing sports. I don't know why.